There are many things to consider when you are thinking about having a website redesigned or created.
In this article, we will attempt to clarify some of the major issues associated with content management systems and static HTML.
Here are some of the reasons to choose a static site:
- A static website is a wise decision if you are planning a small site with 5 to 10 pages.
- If your website does not require frequent changes.
- If you do not wish to invest significantly in IT.
- Fast and cheaper to develop.
- Easier to host.
- Fast to load on low bandwidth.
- As content is fixed, modifications require more time.
- You have to rely on your web designer.
- May cost more as your website grows.
If you want to learn how to make a game on Scratch, knowing HTML is a useful skill too. There are also various online resources to learn from.
If you want to improve your business, you have to be aware that your clients usually look for new information on your site.
A website with regular updates is usually noticed by visitors. These are some of the reasons to choose a CMS.
There are many advantages, and some of the disadvantages are given below:
- Speed and ease of content updates.
- Information remains current.
- Business is not dependent on one person.
- Automatic link maintenance.
- Version control.
- Workflow and collaboration.
- The initial cost is higher compared to static sites.
- Initial training is required for users.
- Maintenance costs may be higher.